I made a fake eye caustics shader node group just so I could make closeup eye renders like this

This is just a result from a bit of cheating I did to try and get a reasonable and quick solution for eye caustics. If anyone wants this, be my guest https://github.com/TheCalibrator/Blender-Fake-Caustics-for-eyes

The node group isn’t meant for other people to mess with so if you wanna dive in it’s gonna be your headache, but otherwise the readme on github explains how it should be set up. I’m gonna try and make it more accessible in the future with some controls.

18 Likes

That looks really good, very generous to share. Thanks!

Thanks. I’ve been working on this for a while and I haven’t made any progress on this particular version for some time. I thought it’s good to share, then 2 minutes later I saw some issues that need fixing lmao. Either way, at the very least someone could make use of this or someone might suggest some improvements so yeah, I thought it would be a good idea to share this.

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Wow as a long time lurker here that actually made my day hah. Thanks, you too!

1 Like

I also thought it was worth posting this as a stand-alone article :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good! Hopefully people looking for something like this will be able to find it easily now :smiley:

In the meanwhile I should get to updating it and making it more controllable lol

1 Like