I mean, come on, who does that?

Actually (as stated above) it is not illegal to sell GPL-software on CD. Linspire (formerly Lindows) is going to sell a CDrom with OpenOffice AND Mozilla Firefox bundled and this has been viewed by the community as a GOOD thing as it will give more visibility to the Open Source alternatives. I think it would actually give a boost to Blender as wel if it would be available as a shrinkwrapped package in computerstores. I think a package for, say, 50 Euros would be very nice if it included 2-3 CDroms containing the software for all platforms, good textures (loads of them), several good tutorials in PDF-format and the available training-video’s. Hell, I might look into it myself to do it.

The sad thing with the ebay add is that it looks more like a ploy to get some money from unknowing people. I bet the textures and soundclips come from ‘somewhere’ as well. And indeed they forgot to mention that you can get the latest version for free from the web.

I hope our resident copyright holders will get him in trouble… please?

That would be SO COOL! :smiley:

lol this is by the same person

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=188&item=7117592655&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

a) You can get it free (url)
b) The only thing thats not free are these textures/sounds which I have decided to charge you for (at whatever price people are prepared to bid for)
c) There’s lots of free resources at Blender.org and the Blender community at elyiun and elsewhere

never get a job in marketing. you’d be terrible at it.

I agree that this is a sort of cruel thing to do, but a smart person would probably check the software out (using google) before purchasing and find that its availible for download.

If they didn’t, the probably deserve to pay for a free product.

At any rate, I find it amusing that the seller is ‘Parks Software.’ I wonder if they write software in addition to selling freeware…

I’m tempted to email the high bidder and tell them that blender is free…

I forgot to take my laxatives

Well at the very bottom it does say

Parks Software publishes Blender 2.35v under the GNU license.
Blender is the trademark of it’s respective company or organizations and is not affiliated with Parks Software in any form.

so it’s kinda mentioned, in a very unclear manner, at the very bottom :stuck_out_tongue:
flake :frowning: