I Morph-UV-Mapped a perfectly flat mesh

Hey, I don’t think that I’ve ever posted here before in “questions and answers”. My uv work is in test phase only for now.

Anyway, I keyframed and uv mapped a 3d test object and would like to know how to remove the uv mapped object mesh and and keep the uv mapping. In most of the other 3d software I do this is easy and I can even do it from a command line. But in Blender I cannot figure out how to copy only the mesh part of the datablock only. Is it possible to do this in Blender? I even thought of using the Python script that copies the mesh from the rigged mesh and only copies the mesh datablock. I’ll try that for now.

LAinLA

I’m not sure I understand what you want to do, could you explain a little more?

Martin

LAinLA wrote

'But in Blender I cannot figure out how to copy only the mesh part of the datablock only. Is it possible to do this in Blender? ’

If you get hold of the thin grey bar on the File menu bar at the top of the Blender window and drag it downwards, there are some hidden options.

To the right hand side are a set of copy buttons, that let you switch on and off the things you want to copy using SHIFT and D.

Just select the buttons you want, (IE none for mesh only I think,) and copy your meshes with SHIFT D.

If you delete a mesh, and want to use it’s UV map again, when you go into face mode for your new mesh, and open the UV mapping window, you can select a previous texture from the WHITE Minus sign. Not sure how to save the co-ords for a UV map though, you’ll probably have to remap. I think this is what you were asking.
Hope this helps

Sonix.

I should have known that, duh. I’ll try that too.

LAinLA