I need advice for my cat animation

Hello guys I’m making a cat with animations I did a run animation and it seems okay but not good enough or lacking fluidity.

Can anyone advise any improvement about it.Thanks!

catgif

(And yes the tail is glitching its cause of bad topology)

1 Like

Without seeing the armature, it is difficult to be specific.

By looking at your animation, it looks like you have rigged the spine as a limited number of bones (2, 3, 4?). During the cycle, we can see where the torso fold specifically about 4/10 of the way from the shoulders to the hips.

I would suggest you either use 8-12 vertebrae bones with spline-IK to a curve (with hook-modifiers animating the curve)… or more simply in blender, to use bendy-bone(s) for the spine, + stretch-to constraint, + specific control-bones for the start/end tangets of the bendy bone(s) spine.

Either of these two techniques will result in spine flexure that behaves like a smooth bezier curve.

Also: the back legs are moving ok, but the front legs have a visible elbow-bend even when fully stretched forward. At full forward extension, almost all of the elbow should straighten out.

Animation is hard, but you have a good start here. Keep refining! :slight_smile:

1 Like

These books should be on your shelf, if you don’t already have them.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info and the books I will look into it

1 Like