I need help to do epoxy resin with fiberglass! (Material)

Hi! Im doing my formation in work centers (End of 3D studies) and my boss asked me to do one of his sculptures.

He uses a lot that material, a layer of epoxy resin recovered in fiberglass. i have spent 3 weeks trying to get it but i cant get it. I have done at least 15 times and it dont looks like the real one. I want to get this!

Im desesperate, can someone please help me? I’d be really grateful

Thank you all for the help! Ill let u what i have done in another comment (Cant post more than 1 photo per comment)

I’m not at home right now so can’t have a play with blender, but I have created semi translucent materials like this in the past. They might give yo a good starting point with some tweaks and surface texturing.

or

(node group for this second one is available on blendswap).

Can you show what you’ve got as of now, so people know what you have or haven’t tried. It doesn’t look too complicated. Some bump maps, some SSS etc…What specifically are you struggling with?

Welcome aboard!

That does not look like an easy material to start with!

First of all, I’d spend a while looking for your bumpmap/normal map, and look at making your mesh match as much as you can… like - the corners are more rounded than on your model, and most of the straight lines are actually slightly curved.

I also found this:

Which may be a start.

there are also fibers on surface may be inside the volume

there is an OSL for fibers
but may be someone has a nodes group for that too!

happy bl

Thank you very much again guys! Im in love with blender Community!

Im uploading my results and nodes (I just know to use principled, and some other basics nodes like glass, glossy etc). I take a community material of tomato sauce and i changed it to make it looks like glassy.

Here is my render and nodes.

I will try the Material that moony’s let me in his reply. Maybe it works!

Really think you need to bevel the corners a lot more…

Oh Dont worry dont worry, thats not the final model, its just to test the material

The look of a material (especially transparent or semi transparent ones) very much depends on the geometry of the object it’s being applied to.

Your test mesh looks like it has some geometry issues, hence the strange look on the corners/edges.

The closer you can get your test mesh to the reference object (or at least part of it) in your photo, the more accurate your material tests will be - this means both exterior and interior geometry.