I need help with face design

I’m creating a character, with half anime traits mixed with cartoon.
However, there is something strange with my character’s face that I am not able to identify where the problem is.

It’s weird, maybe a problem with the eyes or mouth?

I’m not allowed to post two images per post.
This is the reference I’m using:

Hi, cool experiment, I think a point of improvement would be to put the cheeks a bit higher in the figure, hope it helps !

1 Like

She looks nice. But you forgot to give her eyelashes! :see_no_evil: That’s the main reason why she looks weird and sickly. Also, the eyes lack a bit of a highlight, the reflection of the light in the pupil. Without the highlight, the eyes look dead.

Her mouth lacks contour and/or color. (In Anime style, the mouth is often only a line and there are no visible lips.). Your character has visible lips, but they are pale and that makes her look like she is sick. Maybe colorize the lips and open the mouth a little to get a shadow between the lips.

And I agree with Catypic that her cheeks seem to be too low. Move them up. Also, drag the tip of the nose a bit down? I don’t know the shape of the nose but from this point of view, it looks like a perfect unnatural pyramid.

Below her hat, there seems to be some light bleeding. If you use Eevee you might need to tweak some settings to get rid of this. The hair should be darker there.

Here is a “gimped” version with these changes:

1 Like

I’m going to start over the face from these tips!

I think that at some point during the modeling I ended up erasing important parts of the face shape, and that ended up giving this weird impression. Because of my inexperience.

I’m still thinking about a good shape for the nose…