I need opinions for a human model

It has been a long time since I updated, I did not have much progress having to study but today I had the luxury of finishing the legs.
long muscles have shadows because that area needs to be smoothed but anyway later I have to remove all the muscles so it doesn’t matter

I gotta say I’m fascinated by your approach. I haven’t seen someone straight poly model a body since 2009. I don’t really have any feedback at this point though, you seem to have coarse corrected to a really solid direction anatomically. I will say that it looks like your mesh might be a little too dense for the purpose you describe though. It’s gonna be a bitch to rearrange all these verts into distinctly different body types, even with sculpting. You could probably get away with dissolving every other edge on all loops.

1 Like

My concern would be that what I am trying to do is not possible or it does not work as I imagine, when the model is finished I will reduce the muscles as much as possible and create 3 layers of bones, one to control the size of the body, another to add volume to different areas and another with associated corrective shape keys to mark the muscles, but I still can’t imagine how to do the fat. I hope I can solve the problems that will appear later, for now I enjoy modeling without complications

I’d suggest doing a lot of that heavy lifting (as far as gross shape changes like muscle definition go) with displacement maps

ok, I’ll investigate it, if you have any video or text that explains it, it would be helpful

I’ll see what I can come up with. Documentation of the displacement workflows have gotten pretty muddied due to all sorts of people doing it in cycles nodes for terrain and procedural stuff sorta leaving the love for the modifer by the wayside.

1 Like

The feet were easier than I expected, I chose not to separate it by muscles because it is difficult to notice the difference from a muscular foot to a normal one, the biggest difference would be the veins and those I think I will do with a displacement map