I need to find a disgusting model

Let me rephrase that. I need to find a model of something disgusting and it has to have blood coming out from it.

About ten years ago, a friend of mine shot a movie with a budget that in comparison would make the typical low budget movie a Hollywood blockbuster. To make matters worse. He did rounds of edits but never finished it because he and the producers had a fall out.

Recently he recovered the raw footage, and he asked if I can help him edit it. I said yes, and since recently I started learning Blender for fun, I told him that maybe, just maybe, I could help him with the very low key VFX in the movie.

Some of those things are not difficult, but at one point they had to shoot something on the ground (it’s a horror movie in the deep woods) that the script called for something disgusting, like a person cut off in pieces, or just pieces of a person or an animal. If you have seen the movie “Colour of Space”, imagine the way the llamas are left in, or even the mother and boy, barely recognizable. Something that creates terror in the viewer.

Since the movie was so low budget, they threw some Chinese food leftovers over some leaves, shot that and called it a day, but that’s one of the things my friend is not convinced about at all, because it looks like chinese food that somebody threw away.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I thought it was necessary to explain the request. We want to find a 3D model of some creature with a messed up appearance, or some disgusting thing to render over the video and make it look like something terrifying, so preferably some way to push blood out of it and have it fall to the sides.

As you might imagine, searching for a model with the term “disgusting” doesn’t yield many results. So any tips on this respect you all may give me will be appreciated. One thing though, while it’s a super low budget movie, the model would have to be license CC0 or have a super cheap license, because it’s still a movie.

This isn’t exactly what you asked for but the final result I think would work well for that disgusting look…

Peter France did a pretty in-depth tutorial on his YouTube channel for an exploding head - maybe that helps?

1 Like

There are plenty of disgusting materials or textures. Here is one (don’t know if it is free):

Search for things like decompose, flesh, rotten, massive injury, burn, acid, dead body, monster etc. Articles about body farms (research for crime investigation and science) may have photos. Turn safe search off when looking for this sort of thing.

Add CG or model to the search and find things like this:

This guys looks pretty amazing. I downloaded it, but it doesn’t have any textures. I need a texture that would make this character look like internal organs out of whack, just like “Colour of Space”. What’s the best texture I can get for this? Please don’t think I’m disregarding the videos above, the rats one seems good, but I’m on a very narrow deadline for this, and if there’s a texture in Blender that works, or that I can download and it will get the job done, that would be perfect.

I haven’t gotten too far:

Also, does anyone know where I can find good and free vegetation models with textures? Basically to replicate more or less the background you see there, because the creature has to be underneath some leaves. Ten years ago when I was studying 3D and nothing else, I remember there was this company that basically gave for free a lot of models of plants, tree, any vegetation you could think of, which you would replicate and you had a nice forest. I’ve been trying to remember the name for days, but even if I did, chances are that they don’t give that for free anymore.