i redid my site!

(blengine) #1

woooooooo! my friend piler came over a few days ago and taught me flash… and so i redid my whole site
i have a non-flash site link as well for people with ‘eye problems’(lol) or for those who dont have or hate flash…

http://spevack.net/blengine
OR
http://mysite.iptic.com/blengine

=D
i have to say, flash compresses really well, the whole site is only 150kb(excluding the full size pics)…its just like loading one picture =) and its so fast and smooth after it loads, a DEFINITE DIALUP PLEASER
so tell me what u think eh?

-chris

(basse) #2

flash… hmm. well, I dont have a player here… but yesterday I managed to get my flash-5-plugin to work, with sound even… so I will check it when I get home… but it’s version 5 only… hope it’s enough?

anyways. I like your chair.jpg! I love chairs. and this is a good chair!
I have asked you this more than one time before, but I have a reason for it (you seem to know what you are doing) : how did you light that scene?
is it again hemi+shadowspot?

.b

(blengine) #3

i think it needs flash player 6 but im not entirely sure =\

u like the chair? =)
its lit with radiosity, no lights…one of my few radiosity pics

(gargola) #4

your flash site looks great! :smiley:

Dont steal my shit!!! argh… he he he!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

(TheHobbit) #5

The non-flash site is a lot better. Flash is overrated and ugly.

(paradox) #6

I like your site either way with or without flash. The important thing to me is what is in a site , what is in the gallery and I must say your work is great so you have that part with aces.

Paradox

(blengine) #7

overrated?
no its WAY under rated…

1. faster for dialup
  2. only has to load once
  3. super delcious compressions make loading the whole site like loading one small picture =)

lol

ugly? well thats just a matter of graphics opinion… =D
sigh, this ‘flash hating’ attitude is getting really old and worn out =\

(acasto) #8

It looks excellent. I can sometimes understand the anger at flash when someone can’t see a site at all becaues it’s all only flash. But you offer a good alternative to those who don’t like it. So they should have nothing to complain about. Oh well… can’t please everybody.

:wink:

(joecool) #9

Hey that’s awesome! Maybe I will make my site like that also. I don’t know. I got to get back some of my old files first. I like your site, keep up the good work.

(harkyman) #10

I like it. People don’t hate Flash itself. They hate gratuitous, badly implemented Flash. You’ve made good, functional Flash.

Ah - the Masta pics. The good old days when everyone on blender.nl was shitting bricks.

(Ecks) #11

Your “dont do drugs! not even the medical kind!” pic is so cool! very realistyc (ecept the head, but it give the pic a cool look). I LOVE YOUR WORK! I am with blender for about a year now and I cant make the half of what you are making! I hope I will be as good as you in a near futur! :smiley:

(overextrude) #12

It’s way OVERrated, usually by people who are in business to convince everyone that instead of navigating content using a simple, straightforward interface, they need to wade through a bunch of visual junk that is neither helpful nor necessary (marketing types). An efficient, logically-structured site is far more likely to get repeat visits from me than a visually bloated Flash site any day.

I think that there are some specific applications where Flash offers some true benefit, but it’s my opinion that these are far fewer than the number of flash-based sites.

Bear in mind, that my opinion of Flash has nothing to with the quality of the work you’ve produced with Blender.

(blengine) #13

its cool =D
i like the visually bloated flash sites though =) especially the ones that make it seem like navigatinmg a control panel in the future =D lol

(Nahtanoj) #14

I really like it. Its very intuitive with no long intro that needs to be skipped. i’ll have to go and learn flash when I can find the time of course.