I see Blender pop up in the most random places

We can all recognize that UI from a mile away, and I’m always surprised when in the most random videos on Youtube there’s a cut of someone using Blender to enhance their workflow in said industry. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

I can see that, Blender being FOSS (with all of the other big apps. being subscription based) means that it is useful for industries and hobbies that otherwise would have a limited use for CG (which would not justify the cost).

I am sure these finds are more frequent than you would think if you just looked.

1 Like

When I was browsing GitHub for free add-ons I was amazed in how many fields Blender is used regularly. I’d never thought of that myself. Things like molecular biology, geoinformatics, drone shows, city planning and etc. They have separate communities with thousands of people, their addons and etc. I’m always drawn to those types of things and wanna learn.

I’m also watching lot of tutorials about other artistic fields like painting, stop-motion and its becoming a common thing to expect a pop-up Blender cut in those and I love how many artists are becoming more familiar with Blender to enhance their art.

I’m constantly saying this but hardcore, older 3D artists aren’t fully realizing scope of the Blender yet. Some declare lacking some features that you only need once you’re professional and work in certain type of studio as death of Blender and how it will never be accepted.

But outside those circles, in regular world Blender is becoming synonymous with 3D, like Photoshop is for photo manipulation. Being FOSS is biggest of course, but its also having everything in one app (and good UI, I teach Blender and new people love its UI). People think Blender has a learning curve but imagine you know nothing about 3D, model your first object and you’re told you need to learn another software and its UI to paint it, another to composite and render it and another to animate it.

3 Likes

Well… blender with the possibility to make addons is a kind of all purpose cross-platform 3D editor framework like for example Netbeans, Eclipse, Atom, VScode are all purpose cross-platform text/editor/IDE frameworks…

Ho nice! I saw this video pass by on social media yesterday but didn’t realise it had Blender inside :slight_smile: That’s a really cool process to watch.

1 Like

This reminds me of the “Blender Apps” project, however is it going to be put into production any time soon?

2 Likes

First… there is no production at the blender foundation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
and then… just read the last paragraph :person_shrugging:

Feedback on the current proposal is welcome before development starts.

…before…

It’s an idea to make more out of the use of the mentioned Application Templates in the future…

( seems to be not much users publish any templates somewhere ?? …at all ???)