I want to fix my bad performance on blender

so, im using blender 2.80, and before i was working with windows 10, and a problem happened there and couldnt stay with windows 10 so went back to windows 7, updated all my drivers and installed all the programs i needed, tried to run blender, and it was working so slow, even so on the windows 10 it was working so smoothly without any problems, now i can barely move the screen, i tried reinstalling blender, installing other versions, reupdating my drivers, going to older drivers, but none of them fixed it, please if u can help i would appreciate it, thank u all for helping me out, i figured out the problem which was using a wrong blender version than the old one i used, i was using 3.0 instead of the old ver i used to have which was 2.82, which explains why i had all the drivers updated but it was not going smoothly

Welcome :tada:,
that’s truelly bad for you but let’s face it https://www.blender.org/download/requirements/ and you know there is win11 now… There are very few developers doing things for the pre pre pre version of any OS because they have to compile and test it woth this one… so i assume you computer is also very old… (i’m using a 8GB 2-core 4-virtual-core <100EUR machine on debian linux )…

Even the version of Python Blender uses isn’t supported on windows 7.

sir, i have 8gbs ram, icore 5, and AMD radeon HD 6550M, and recently got my windows 10 back, but its still the same problem, the slow performance is still there for absolutely no reason, i reupdated all of my drivers, and still the same problem, im starting to just give up on modeling bec of this problem

Your GPU is ancient. TeraScale architecture is not even supported by AMD anymore, let alone by Blender. You will need to upgrade your GPU or use older Blender versions.

Not so sure about GPU and “slow performance” on Win 10. There are many suggestion on the web on how to jack it up like disable special effects, turn off transparency, uninstall bloatware, reduce unimportant apps / programs (?) etc.
For sure it is not for all softwares but Blender at reasonable modeling scale project and preview setting / region scene rendering only.
I did that for my dual core, 8GB, GTX750Ti before switched from Win 7/10 to Debian Linux for many reasons. Personally, it is another headache but Blender :smiley:

keep in mind that blender worked before and worked so smoothly so i bet its not a GPU problem

1 Like

There is a lot of moving parts:

GPU drivers are getting updates.
OS is getting updates.
Python is getting updates.
Blender is getting updates.

You can try to find right versions of all of them that worked for you and freeze them. But it won’t be easy. And you might need to go offline for it to work. Especially because Windows Updates are practically mandatory.

I ran for a time an offline machine with Windows 7 without any updates aside from most recent Service Pack and some .NET just to be able to open some ancient software. Luckily I don’t need to anymore.

Another way is to try Linux as it has usually longer support for older hardware and that includes open source GPU drivers. So in theory it would be much easier to stay on the same Blender version that works.

my problem here is that even the blender version i used is not working as fast as it was, even after getting the drivers i had, and getting everything i had when blender worked smoothly, i really need to find a solution asap, or else ill have to stop modeling because of the slow performance

I don’t know how the Python versions looks now, so you might want to check this separately.

Some people are saying they even got Blender 3.0 working on Win7:

Indeed as what Silex mentioned, there are many to look at.
Each of user is unique with their issues and experience.

However, if you are still have backup settings of Windows 10 and Blender 2.80 when it was run smoothly as you mentioned, maybe it may help.

Not sure to what extent if modelling is your priority.

When I was on Windows XP pro environment, I always did it back and forth between 2.49.x (Meta Androcto version of Graphicall) and 2.76.x in terms of modelling.
That workflow was not stopping till Windows7/10 and improved with help of LTS versions.
Till migrate to Linux, I am still having fun with LTS, unless need for 2.79b / 3.x features and rendering speed.
Not so sure later, technology… :smiley:

sadly, i didnt save a backup file for windows 10 since i didnt expect that happening, and now im stuck here with very slow performance, i just wish it gets to 15fps on animating atleast, i might just go with what i have and use blender as what it is rn, just need to find the lowest possible settings for blender to run it as smooth as possible

Try this
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-and-dismexe-online-cleanup-image/db3b24de-a261-403e-9d11-8141d13f7954

seems that i dont need to stay on this problem anymore, all i needed was go back to v2.82 instead of staying on 3.0, apparently, my drivers were already setted up to run blender smoothly BUT not the 3.0 version