Ice cream by the sea

Material is all procedural.

52 Likes

Why ice cream in the water? Nice attempt.

cause it’s summertime :slight_smile:

Nice job… Looks like something that would pop up in a David Lynch movie :+1:

1 Like

Ha! that’s awsome

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

the ice cream looks real can you show the shaders node ?

Nice, maybe you can try to add wet part where ice cream cone touch water… just to fun

2 Likes

Yeah, that would have been nice :blush:

…and i laugh by the ocean.

Great job, and good concept. Special like for the title

1 Like

Here it is, the ice cream first, and the cone second

3 Likes

I like this so much for some reason. It’s realistic but not in a realistic scenario. Very cool!

1 Like

So is this sculpted as shown in the white version?

1 Like

Wow! Impressive! Did you sculpt that or did you have a bump map?

1 Like

Thats awesome. Now to animate the ice cream melting and water flowing :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Wow this is so cool! If I were to make the ice cream I would have just turned down the roughness and adjusted the sss and that’s all. The ice cream and ocean look so realistic! One thing though, the background looks like a natural sky, yet the lighting looks like a studio light set up, which makes the sky looks like a fake back drop. Would it be better to just use the sky light? BTW, there is a new experimental branch with a new sky texture “Nishita”, I recommend you to check it out, it is very good! Here is the link:
https://blender.community/c/graphicall/2mbbbc/

EDIT: Nishita has merged into the main branch! Download the latest 2.90 build and it is there already!

1 Like

yes, I used combination of sculpting and displacement

it’s a combination of the both :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks, yes it a conscious choice to have a unrealistic light. It’s more stylized as it was shot in a studio with controlled light, thought it would make it more interesting I guess :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wait, was it rendered in Eevee or cycles?