Ice Cream Van

Hi! Below is an Ice Cream Van based on the 1973 Bedford model.

It is the main focal asset for a 3D scene I am working on however I decided to first make it standalone by theming it more generic.

The new 3D scene centers around a family of polar bears that have travelled to a colony of penguins to sell them some “ice cream”.

When I import it into my polar scene I will update it to feel more like a family of polar bears have been living in it!

I filled the van with lots of props and hand drawn decals to give it a little bit of personality here are some of the textures I created with Procreate:

I used 3 textures from https://cc0-textures.com/ one for leather, a wire mesh and subtle surface imperfections for the paint.

Environment texture is Snowy Cemetry from Poly Haven.

Everything other than the textures above were made in Blender and rendered with Cycles.

Renders:

and the same renders in clay:

I look forward to starting on the rest of the scene and I will make sure to share how that goes!

Thanks,
Joe

61 Likes

Amazing work! Thanks for sharing the behind the scenes. I really like your cute style here.

1 Like

Very cute, lots of lovely detail. Looking forward to seeing the scene!

1 Like

Looks amazing! Love all the cute little details!
I really get a sense that you had a lot of fun making it :grin:

1 Like

I really did :slight_smile:

There were probably at least 3 points I could have just stopped based on what I was making it for, but I just couldnt let it go!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Amazing, thanks @bartv !

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome work! I really like that you showed your references and planning.

2 Likes

So cute :heart_eyes: I love it :heart:

1 Like