Ice Hockey

Hey!
I’m one of those long time readers, first time posting kind of people but I would love to hear what you think about my Ice Hockey Arena, both good and bad. :slight_smile:

I started it a couple of months ago during the break after the end of the second semester exams in November, and had completely forgotten about it until about two weeks ago. In the past I have tried doing football stadiums however they always get too big and fantastic that my computer can’t hack it. :frowning: So I thought I should try something that would be a little smaller but just as challenging, in a similar way.

Also please don’t hold the fact that I go for the leafs against me… :wink:

The first shot, is an early render followed by a couple of later ones. I also plan on doing the outside of the arena once I have finished the indoors section. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Nick

Hey Nick…Really well done so far. I’m not a big hockey fan, but I can appreciate the work you put in to this. In the last render posted, It seems like you have placed either netting or some type of material that extends all the way to the ceiling, are they doing that now in rinks?

Either way it is looking great so far…are you doing this in cycles? Well you should think about modeling a Zamboni, haven’t seen those done here yet :slight_smile:

They have netting above the plexi-glass to help protect the fans behind the goal.

I’m actually rendering in Lux as I used that a few years ago for a school project and since I have started with blender again (first project since 2010), I haven’t tested out cycles. Just went straight to what I knew, but I will get around to cycles at some point. :slight_smile:

I will definitely think about doing a Zamboni, it will be a good little project to keep me busy! :slight_smile:

This is the photo that I have used for inspiration, its of the actual Maple Leafs arena, the Air Canada Centre.

Nick

[ATTACH=CONFIG]290417[/ATTACH]

I love hockey, and I love this! Looking forward to more of this :slight_smile: Oh…LET’S GO PENS!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

@harleynut97: Since 2002 the nets have been there, a 13 year old girl died at a game around then. :frowning: