IES strength & intensity

Hello!

I’m looking to figure out a way to decrease the intensity of the hotspot on the ceiling, but still maintain the general strength of the IES light.

Is that even possible, or what node trickery do I need to implement?

EDIT - I think I may have answered my own question, as it depends on the IES profile you use. But I’m still wondering from my original question, if it’s possible to alter the highlight spot…

Isn’t the trick of ies profiles to use the exact ligthing of this lamp and if you decrease the strength you just simulate dimming… and then of course it gets darker? Ao if you wann use real light profiles you may just put some other light sources into the scene? In fact lighting a whole roome with just one spot light doesn’t make any sense or does it ?? :thinking: well there is this point light and another light in the scene…

1 Like

You could try adding a light falloff node

This gives more control on the hotspot in the ceiling, not sure about accuracy tho :sweat_smile:

ezgif.com-gif-maker

1 Like

Awesome, this was exactly what I was looking for. And you’re right, I realize it may not be entirely accurate. That’s ok. I’m only looking to slightly lessen that hotspot.

Thanks!!

Hi! Thank you for the response!

This scene is actually a restaurant interior, so I’m placing certain ambient lighting. Not looking to illuminate it entirely :slight_smile: