When I came to Blender a few years ago, community gave many entertaining responses, too, based on the experience (or lack) they had (no offense). Since then on my criticized areas many things were fixed or became a feature through addons and the community told these should have worked this way from the start. So I do not really care about community responses (do not forget, about 90% of Blender users are hobbyists, no offense).
The situation is that anything what makes the life of Blender users easier is a good thing, but development have to focus on generic areas where everybody is able to profit from.
Also I could write lot’s of areas to improve:
- Outliner improvements
- Layer management as it works in other apps
- Increasing viewport performance
- GPU selection for rendering (also improving OpenCL integrations, etc.)
- Custom menus/icons without coding skills (I feel so sorry that Menu Pinning addon is not in development anymore)
- FBX pipeline improvements
- Proper Array tools
- Proper Material Management
These are generic things.