IK/FK switch - For theeth or SilkDigit

or anyone else who knows :slight_smile:

I read this thread ->

https://blenderartists.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6191&highlight=

and I was hoping for a response to mthoenes post that never happened.

I’ve been trying to figure this out, but I have not been able to.
Could you drop me a few more crumbs or clues please?

Normally, I have been using complete new copies of actors and doing the old switcheroo, by exchanging them by switching layers. Of course this really bloats the blend file size, so I’d like to know how you do this.

Thanks for any help.

I figured all the steps out recently again (I was missing one at the Montreal meeting)
I’ll wip up a blend tonight and post it.
If you don’t see it by tommorrow you have permission to pester me :wink:

Thanks silk digit, I really appreciate your help.

> If you don’t see it by tommorrow you have permission to pester me

Consider it done -

Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet? :slight_smile:

Ok! I just tried it. here’s how it goes:
create the constraint (ik for instance) lets say you set its influence to 0 'cuz you wanna animate (say, an arm) with FK. you do your animation. Now you want IK at a certain key. open a ipo window, click on the little chain symbol on the header.
go to the constraints in the button window, select your bone in pose mode, click the edit ipo in the buttons window. click on the inf channel in the top right of the ipo window, hit tab key, then ctrl click to add keys. cool, huh?
heres an example blend:
http://home.attbi.com/~kurdali/exampleik.blend
it has some keys in fk, and some keys in the ik constraint channel.
have fun!

Hey very cool indeed. Would you please write a small tute ?

Cheers

Ok, malefico. I haven’t written a tute before, so here is something quick and dirty. Please read it and let me know how it helps / what it needs.
http://home.attbi.com/~kurdali/ikfktut/
I might post it in works in progress, to get some more feedback. Its either useless, useful or something in between :wink:
perhaps I’ll wait for your feedback first.

Looking good !, funny and understandable… I’d put the images in the text rather than using references though… it’s good for a tute to be “visually appealing” :wink:

me wanna see mo’

Cheers

malefico.

A really good example. simple and to the point.

Like Malefico said, embeding the pics in the tut (as thumbnail maybe) would be a little bit better though.

Is it me or there are some artefacts in the screenshots? Did you use the Ctrl-Shift-F3 combo to take it?

Good job

Martin
PS: that pawn model is great! :wink:

yup. there’s artifacts. some to do with resizing and compressing, others have to do with the dri drivers for the radeon 7500; newer versions fix this problem, but I’m still using the ‘stock’ drivers that came with my distro. no idea what the actual bug is- and it only affects the buttons as far as I can see.
The new driver introduced some inaccuracies in the opengl rendering, which is why I banged back to the old one (more acceptable bugs)
I’ll look into remaking it with embedded images. It looked kinda funny when I first tried it, which is why I went to the links. But I kinda want to use this to figure an ‘ideal’ way to write tutes (combining readability w/ ease of use)
thanks for the comments.
PS I got the screenshots from the gimp ( acquire screenshot)

me wanna see mo’

happy to oblige. Mo’ of what though?
Bassam

Using tables should be enough to arrange the text with the images. Yes, the model is great (I forgot to comment).
You could also scale down a bit some screenshots (specially the ones with the full blender window).

happy to oblige. Mo’ of what though?

Mo’ of the same ! :smiley:

Would you agree if I put a spanish translation in my site ?

Would you agree if I put a spanish translation in my site ?

sure!
I’ll add resizing the larger images to the todo list, along with images in the same page (or thumbnails) as the text. I’ll try out a table instead of straight text.
Hopefully tonight.