IKEA table assembly

Hey guys. I made an animation for fun using my second model I want to upload for sale. Please check out the video crits and comments are welcome :slight_smile: I hope you like it. It was made in Blender 2.62.

[video]http://youtu.be/_7BVmzgDECY[/video]

Wow, that’s really well done. Lovely editing, it looks really professional.

You should see if IKEA want it on their website. :slight_smile:

Not bad, not bad at all, very professional-looking, but I would caution you about using companies’ trademarks and designs without permission, you could get your Youtube account shut down.

Also, it should have some music like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5BB9BWVXBTI#t=39s

Thanks for the reactions :slight_smile: I’m glad that you like it.
@al3d Yeah if IKEA would tell me that they like it that would be awesome :smiley:

@Kemmler Yeah I hope I won’t have any problems because of this, however I’ve written to IKEA about this video to ask them if there’s something legally questionable about the video or the description. They haven’t responded yet though. I hope they will be helpful and not overprotective about their trademark :smiley: And that music you’ve sent is really good :smiley: Maybe I’ll reupload the video with this music. We’ll see. Thanks! :smiley:

The bolts for the base are reverse threaded?

It’s pretty much standard that clockwise = tightening, counter clockwise = loosening.

If you’re reaching around something, for instance tightening screws from underneath something, it may seem that you’re turning opposite to this rule, but it simply has to do with your orientation to the process. You’re still in reality tightening by turning clockwise, even though from your position above the operation it would appear to be the opposite.

The only thing that I’m aware of that is reversed threaded is propane fittings.

You’re right lol I messed up the rotation :S I didn’t even notice. But I can’t re-render it though for now. Maybe later I will. Thanks for pointing it out. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about Hungary or Sweden, but the in the US, IKEA would be (more or less) legally required to tell you to take the video down. The reasoning is that it uses their trademark, and if the trademark office sees that you do not make an effort to prevent others from using your trademark without permission, they can revoke your trademark. In other words, you lose legal control over your brand. So companies are very aggressive about protecting trademarks here.

Since you are in Hungary, posting a video on a US website, using a Swedish trademark… I have no idea what rule applies, I’m not a lawyer, lol.

I see…well I didn’t get any answer yet from them, but if they take the video down I will ask permission from ikea and reupload it :smiley:

I think you did a great job, i love it!
Nicolas.

Thank you very much :smiley:

thats cool, very well done

thank you! :slight_smile: