Image Geometry Script

Made the update for script link animations: http://www.mediafire.com/file/d5yhzgnd0qd/ImageGeometry071.py

To use for animations, once you have an image loaded, click on the “Make Mesh & Write Script” button. This will write the script link file to the same directory where your image file was. Please read over the written file. If the documentation isn’t clear, I’ll try to answer any questions.

I plan on fixing some bugs and updating the materials next.

Ok I know this thread is 8 months old but i just stubled on to this script. another_noob How about making a detailed write up on how the script operates. With LOTS of screen shots. I mean you know what it does and how to use it and what all the buttons do because you wrote it. But stumbling and bumbling around trying to get it to do something is very frustrating for some people.

just put the script in and got it working straight away

all you do is click scripts/image/image geometry 7.1 to load the script

now press select a file and choose a image file (works better with 100x100 images or below)

now play around with settings and press make image file

easy

Looks like a great script. Will have to play around with it.

OK stvndysn. My comment was directed at the scripts author, another_noob. But I will respond you you also.
I am very much against the “just play around with it” way of starting out using a script,addin or program. To me that is why blender’s adoption by a larger segment of the 3d/cgi market has been slow.
I have been using blender since October of 1999. Back then I heard about it from a presentation by a 13 year old boy that had used it in a science project. I came back to my computer lab and downloaded it. I took one look at the interface and it made no sense at all. So I did not pic use it again for another 8 months. There was very little official documentation available back then and what there was terribly written.

The situation on official documentation has improved dramatically since then. Thank you so much to the people that put wiki.blender together. But still blender-head have the attitude of writing something and then just posting it without instructions or documentation. “Oh just play around with it” seems to be and acceptable mantra in the blender community and it should not be if we want our community to grow.

ok then dont change any settings and press make image, either way you will end up with a result

Ok I can see there is some documentation in the actual script. I will read it over and try to do some editing and additions.