image repeat in UV/Image editor?

Hi, I have a problem. I don’t know if it is possible or not but I want to make an image in UV/image editor to repeat but just like it does in Map Image tab when you increase Xrepeat or Yrepeat. The texture shrinks in X or/and Y in preview tab. I want to do the same in uv/image editor. Is this possible? Please help

Does this do what you want ?

Attachments

1 Like

No, I want to shrink image in image editor just as it is in Map Image so I wouldn’t need to resize my UV’s out of the default image size.

you cannot use some settings like this
in the example screenshot?

Attachments

So far that I know of you can do that in the texture tab. Why would you want to do that in the UV image editor? If you want to turn a tiled texture you used on your object into an image I think you can just bake it.

I think I am suffering the same problem. I can appear to use a tile repeated in UV but when I export to fbx format, I just get one tile stretched on each face. I have tried using the repeat button which looks good in UV Editor and Textured Viewport Shading. I want to use a tile repeated to make a long wall which I can export in fbx format for XNA.

In the first part of this tutorial, a tiled texture is scaled and then baked as a UV texture. Maybe that will help. http://www.blendercookie.com/2010/09/20/texturing-denim-jeans-part-01/