Imminent impact 😱

Created in Blender, rendered using Cycles.

Concept: Sébastien Le Divenah.

Hope you like it! :blush:

:man_artist: metinseven.nl

50 Likes

Noooooooooo… get away, bad ball, bad ball :smile:

4 Likes

A bit of motion blur on the ball maybe in need ?

3 Likes

How did you add the glow on the edge of the ball?

2 Likes

At your service. :wink: Updated the original post’s image.

1 Like

In the Blender Compositor, with a Glare node.

2 Likes

thanks, the reason I asked was because I wanted a method to add an outer glow for a plasma/lightsaber animation.

1 Like

This look awesome, great work!

1 Like

Oh NO!!! Not the sand castle!!! Love it, amazing!

2 Likes

Like it a lot. Great title!

One thing I feel is the eyes merging with the body material in a way when they could stand out more. Maybe some way to make the pupils more pure black and the eyeballs maybe have subsurface scattering right now?

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’m afraid the eyes would pop out too much if I’d change them. Now they’re in a certain balance with the skin material inside the shadow.

1 Like

Ah, yes. It can make sense to have that cohesiveness, like the sand is all made from one material, the creature is made from one material, and the ball has a ball material. I’m guessing you want the focus on the ball rather than the face (something like ball -> face -> whole scene for what to look at).

It’s more that I want the complete octopus to clearly be inside the shadow cast by the beach ball, to emphasize the ominous situation. :slightly_smiling_face:

You obviously put a lot of thought into it, that’s why it feels so complete. I see, if the eyes popped, then the shadow effect might be lost somewhat.

1 Like

I REALLY like this.:sparkling_heart:
Very cool, and super cute. :blush:
I hope the ball misses our little friends sandcastle. :octopus: :european_castle::dash: :soccer:
Brilliant job!

1 Like

Thank you very much, appreciated! :+1:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Merci beaucoup! :+1:

Have a great, snowy weekend! :snowman: :cold_face:

1 Like