Import Blender file

Hey guys! How are you? I’m new to the board and I love it! Thanks for the great community for this noob to enjoy~ haha.

I had one question. I made a logo few days ago and wanted to attach that “logo/tag” to a model I’m currently working on. Is it possible to some how cut and paste model to move from one scene to another or way to import a blender file into a scene you are currently working on? I hope it doesn’t sound too confusing you… =)

Also, I have some textured body and a armature attached to it and I made a head on a different file (only god knows, why!!!) Would I be able to sustain all the attribute (texture, armature, etc) If I import it? (IF importin is possible)

Thank you so much and have a great day!!! God bless ya

You made logo in one blend file, for example say one.blend and the logo name is xyz.
Now you created one more blend file say two.blend
You open two.blend, file->append
select one.blend->object->xyz

your xyz logo will be copied in two.blend

the short cut for append is SHIFT+F1
and can also be found under file

thank you so much for the help guys!

THere are many things I can import, I didn’t know what to choose, I was choosing different attributes but seems like it didn’t bring anything. I finally decided to select “Object” and it came in to the scence. Is that correct?

ps. How do I move the cursor (x,y,z cursor for the objects) to a position I want it to? Sometimes when I make curves, the origin (cursor) is FAR away from the center of the object. Sorry for the continuous noob questions +)

In case, thank you very much, really appreciate it

THere are many things I can import, I didn’t know what to choose, I was choosing different attributes but seems like it didn’t bring anything. I finally decided to select “Object” and it came in to the scence. Is that correct?

Yes. When you want any of the other stuff in a blend file (like materials) they’re there too.

ps. How do I move the cursor (x,y,z cursor for the objects) to a position I want it to? Sometimes when I make curves, the origin (cursor) is FAR away from the center of the object. Sorry for the continuous noob questions +)

I think you mean the object center. To change where it is you have a number of options. Go into the Editing Context in the Buttons Window (F9). In the Mesh Panel, there’re three buttons called Center, Center New, and Center Cursor. The first centers the object on the center, the second centers the center on the object and th third puts the center at the location of the 3d cursor (Left Mouse to place). If this is not what you mean, tell me.

ok, but do that blender create 2 scenes in your file. dont know why.

You made logo in one blend file, for example say one.blend and the logo name is xyz.
Now you created one more blend file say two.blend
You open two.blend, file->append
select one.blend->object->xyz

your xyz logo will be copied in two.blend

Thanks kkrawal, dkjic is not the only one you’ve helped!