Import .dae files into Blender 2.6?

I have found a script, but this is apparently only compatible with blender 2.5 and earlier. Is there any way to get a Sketchup/.dae file in to Blender?
Thanks in advance.

DAE is just a Collada file. Try importing Collada. Keep in mind though, that sometimes people don’t export from Sketchup properly so you may get an empty scene.

I gave this answer in another thread regarding sketup to blender export:

1. export collada file from Sketchup
  2. import collada file into Accutrans (http://www.micromouse.ca/)
    2 a) various sketchup objects often have issues with normal alignment. To fix these: orbit view to preferred viewing angle, click the “align normals” button (pane at the right, bottom), and any inverted faces show up red toward the viewer. Click these to fix. Click “preset all” to fix most issues, then correct the remaining red areas to fix.
  3. export lightwave object from Accutrand
  4. import lwo into Blender

This way the scale, colours, etc. are all kept intact. Blender’s collada import does have issues with SU’s collada files.

Proof:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222586[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]222587[/ATTACH]

I haven’t tried this with 2.66 yet but I have imported lots of Sketchup files. Couple of tricks. First make sure there are no groups in the object you want to export from Sketchup. Explode all the groups. The select all the individual objects you want to export.
When exporting where you give your export a file name there an options menu. make sure under the this that export edges are not selected. Should work fine, but your textures likely wont come through.
Hope this helps