Import/Export Default

Blender Version 3.6.5 (3.6.5 2023-10-19)

I have two problems with blender which may be related.

• 1. When I open blender the default for import/export is Forward Axis (-Z), Up Axis (Y). I can reset these to Forward Axis (-Y), and Up Axis (Z) but blender defaults to Forward Axis (-Z), Up Axis (Y) on the next start up. I can’t find out how or where to reset the Import/Export Default.
  • 2. When I import an obj into blender exported from Daz Studio or Marvelous Designer if the obj was on the right side of the avatar blender imports it to the left side and the same for left to right, when exporting from blender to Daz or MD the position are again reversed. When Exporting/Importing between Daz Studio and MD there is no reversal.

Hi,

1. If you mean that you want to save your new settings you’ve done to Blender, you can do this by going to Edit → Preferences, then take a look at the left bottom burger icon, expand it and choose “Save Preferences”. Take a look at the screenshot right down below:

You may also check the option in there called “Auto-Save Preferences” so that the next you won’t have to go to Preferences to save it again (if you made some changes).

If you mean that you want to reset your Blender settings to the default ones, simply go to File → Defaults → Load Factory Settings. Take a look at the screenshot below:

1. I’m not familiar with either Daz Studio and Marvelous Designer, but suppose the real cause of that problem might be exactly in those softwares, but in Blender himself. Perhaps you missed some steps while exporting the models? I’ve just found some guide on how improt a model from Daz to Blender, take a look:

As for Marvelous Designer, here’s also a guide on how to import a character from there into the Blender:

Hope that helpls

Cheers,
Sergey

In the FBX importer do not select Manual Orientation, leave it unchecked and the character will import correctly…

Make sure to set the exporter in Daz for export to Blender…

Same for MD, it is best if you send a Daz Base figure to MD as an avatar then when you import your cloth into Blender it also works just fine, with only a bit of tweaking…

Same settings importing the Cloth…