Impossible to export Collada

I can’t export dae files, only import.
With 2.9 to 3.6 Blender crashed and created an empty dae file.
Now with 4.1 Blender create an empty dae file, but don’t crash, only an “error during export” message.

What can cause this errors ?

If you open the console(Window → Toggle System Console), is there any more info to help you determine what it’s erroring on?

No infos on the console, except for the “Error during export. See console”.

I launched Blender from the Terminal (I’m on Mac) and get a list of infos I’m not sure I can understand correctly.

try with --debug-all

Where do I type this command line?

Under windows you can add it in the shortcut properties of your blender shortcut icon. Generally it belongs behind the exe. So you could also start blender it from the command prompt and add it there.

“blender.exe --debug-all”

1 Like

On Mac you can type: /Applications/Blender.app/Contents/MacOS/Blender --debug-all from a terminal, assuming you’ve dragged it into your Applications folder.

I tried this but no change.
Two lines in the Terminal : “StreamWriterException: Could not open file “” for writing. errno_t = 2
Collada: No Objects will be exported.”

Try writing to another directory, check the folder permissions. Try restarting to get rid of filelocks.

And check the console output the first time you export after the restart, this might be a followup error after the first export error.

Always the same error and an empty dae file.
I’ll give up!

1 Like

Are you able to export the default cube? I was able to on an M2 MacBook Air with Blender 4.1.

I’m on Mac Studio M2 Max, but had the same problem on iMac Intel and MacBook Air M1. I always tried to export the default cube.
Maybe an addon ?

Maybe, my Blender is 100% factory because I don’t use it on my Mac, just installed it to test your issue.

You give me the solution: I’ve tried with a 100% factory configuration and it worked.
Now I know how to solve the problem: reconfigure one bite at a time.
Thank you.

Good Day Sunshine!
I found the culprit: an extra character in the name of the temp directory.
So many wasted hours for a stupid error!