In need of a car/aircraft tutorial

Does some body knows a good car/aircraft tutorial?

Use google… there are tons. If you know the basic Blender commands it won’t matter that the tutorial is for 3DS Max or whatever.

Blenderman.org’s Modeling Articles have a few car modeling tutorials.
For an aircraft, I would probably load some blueprints of an aircraft into Blender and then just trace the thing…
And, of course, google works too.

I know about the tutorials on blenderman, they are no good.
Tried google offcourse before posting, did not hepled me …

For an aircraft, I would probably load some blueprints of an aircraft into Blender and then just trace the thing…

I tryed that :slight_smile: got stuck on a cockpit, have no idea even how to start modeling it… and the wings would not come out right…

Sounds like maybe you need to practice on less complex items to sharpen your skills first… A car is certainly going to be easier than an airplane.

To get started, realize that everything is symetrical in cars and planes (or at least for the most part). Make a mesh, then use alt+d to make a linked duplicate of the mesh. Move it so that it is right next to the original mesh, and press ctrl+m to mirror it. Now you can modify one of the meshes, and the other will be a mirrored duplicate. This will allow you to only model half of whatever it is you’re modelling, saving you loads of time. Later you will join them as one object with ctrl+j (after selecting both objects) and then use “w” and “remove doubles” to weld the center together.