I finally completed an on and off project that has been going on for a few months! The final result turned out to be quite different than what I envisioned when I drew it out at the beginning, but I’m glad with it nevertheless. This is my first serious sculpting effort, and I hope to further improve in this area in the future.
Thank you everyone! Robert, I was actually just reading about your work before I made this post, and I’d never have thought that I’d get a comment from you, so that probably marks my greatest achievement so far on this forum.
For tips on the folds, I’ll just copy what I wrote in another thread:
I’m not sure if I’m in a position to give advice, but I started off by finding a reference photo that’s the closest to the pose I want. I started off with a really simple box mesh and then molded it a bit to fit the pose with dyntopo. After that I retopologized the mesh with the shrink wrap modifier and the snap-to-face function in the viewport. Then I just spent hours trying to put in the creases. Since I have good reference photos to look at, I don’t really need to imagine creases out of nowhere. I noticed myself that the crease brush is actually not that good for my purposes; most of the time I just used the draw and smooth brushes, sometimes with the pinch brush thrown in.