Infinitive Ocean without Ocean modifier? Vector Translate, Linear Gradient & Vector Noise?

Hi,

I found this really neat ocean setup for a large ocean:
https://www.reddit.com/r/proceduralgeneration/comments/czjjou/procedural_ocean_shader_in_blender/

Whats so nice is that it is less resource hungry than the ocean modifier, which helps if you want to achieve a near infinitive ocean. As I am working with 360 images and video, the usual small ocean modifier does not work for me. Especially as the camera moves from a helicopter to a close up.

The guy with the example thankfully even shares part of its node setup (
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bvd09vJ0m4FAqNMObl-Yq2UeyZOmaW1s/view), but, beeing still fairly new to Blender I fail to suceeed creating the dark green group nodes. Is anyone around here able to figure out the node setup inside of these groups?
Specifically:

• Vector Translate
  • Linear Gradient
  • Vector Noise

Thanks so much for your help.

Pretty

Are you saying you can’t find those 3 nodes or something like you can’t figure out how to split the Vector Translate into X,Y, Z?

I can’t figure out how the node setup inside these 3 group nodes looks like.
Have been trying for hours now… ;-(

I found another good one here:

Which, if I find a way to add directional displacement (= waves moving directional and showing displacement instead of bump displacement when intersecting with a very large ships waterline) would work as well.

If the ship is very large with respect to the waves, it will not really move in the waves. For now I am looking at a ship at anchor.

I see. The three nodes are group nodes. This makes it impossible to know for sure, but I think vector translate is

The other 2 are harder to understand.

A noise texture to the displacement map works pretty good. I’m not sure why he has it so complicated.

Good job. Great. Thank you!!!

The “Add” node you use is a vector math node, is it?

So maybe someone will be able to enlighten us on the other too. We’ll see.
I did write to the guy on reddit, but have not heard back & the thread is closed over there.