Infinity 3D RTRT engine possible plugin

A new real-time ray tracing 3D engine has been released and its editor is available to try out today here. It is possible that this technology could be made available as a plugin for Blender. It would resemble Blender’s internal a bit in terms of visual look due to ray tracing (but not path tracing) but be real-time. Here’s a few images to demonstrate the output and the editor. Also, a new video is being worked on but I wanted to post this now since the editor is out already.

2 Likes

The images do not sell the product. Sadly. No GI either. Probably better to wait for OTOY Brigade it’ll be free and does real-time path tracing.

1 Like

Agreed, any engine nowadays can do a car, but now that car also needs to be surrounded by GI and it needs to cast baby smooth soft shadows (if it’s GPU or RTX powered, it needs to be at interactive or realtime rates too).

I don’t see a compelling reason why people would buy it at the moment.

The focus with this technology is real-time graphics as in games. So games that are available today or Eevee make a better comparison than path tracers that are not used for real-time graphics.

Brigade is design for games, it just happen to use path tracing it’ll run in Both Unity/UE4. Even if you look at UE5, they are running real-time GI. It’s a cut throat industry the bar is set really high right now. There’s no GI in this product and nothing about it really stands out,presentation is pretty poor - so how can people get interested in it?

I’m going to ask a hard/tough question. Why should people even consider this product when UE4 is essentially free for the first 1 million dollar in revenue for games and free for archviz and non gaming projects(like film)?

Upcoming video will better answer your question about outstanding features. For now, some stand out features are ray traced 3D geometry (no triangulation, no rasterization), ray traced shadows and not requiring a discrete GPU.

1 Like

Your ‘standard in realtime graphics’ looks nothing like what even an opensource realtime engine such as Godot could provide, so… quite dishonest.
I don’t want to shit on your work, I just mean to say: you’re doing yourself a disservice by setting up the comparison like this

I’ll embed the video here, since your account is probably too new to do so:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I definitely want my comparisons to be fair.

In the shadow mapping comparison scene the shadows look bad with shadow mapping even with 4096 resolution so I believe it is fair, ray traced shadows really just look a lot better there.

In the car scene the standard case of rasterized triangles could be optimized to look less edgy but objects do look edgy even in AAA games where a lot of effort is spent to optimize each scene.

Edit: Having thought a bit about it I might need to change the titles.
Edit2: I changed the text from “standard in real-time graphics …” to “standard rasterization with 70k triangle scene”. Thanks for pointing this out. Since I had to re-post my video and I can’t edit my last post I’l post it below.

2 Likes

A new video is now available:

Here are images of the scenes shown in the video. Each scene in the video highlights one ray tracing feature and comparisons are shown to standard techniques used in real-time graphics.