Ingram SMG

A simple model of an Ingram SMG. While I’m okay with the model itself, my composition could use some work.

Attachments

This is only a suggestion, there could be other ways depending on what you’re trying to achieve, but what I would do in this situation is to have a thin translucent object directly in front of your light source to diffuse the light and reduce the amount of glare on the glass. Many photographs of gemstones and jewelry use the same concept for that very reason, so I would assume the same could be said for any object being showcased in such a way.

Be careful with the translucent material though - depending on the settings you choose it could dramatically increase your render times - I found having a diffuse color value that is not overly saturated works best. As far as the mesh the material will be applied to, you could apply a very thin Solidify modifier to it to further increase the quality of it, but you don’t have to. Just a regular plane will work.

Thanks for the criticism, it really helps and encourages me. I’ll try that with the light sources next time.