Inktober 2023

Day 11: Wander

Only managed to get the sketches done in the last few days. So here’s day 11!

6 Likes

oooh… i really like that. good use of contrast

2 Likes

Day 12: Spicey

Didn’t find this prompt very inspiring, but trying this kind of shading was interesting.

7 Likes

Day 13: Rise

Almost caught up with the prompts!

8 Likes

Day 14: Castle

Tried going for a night scene but lost motivation half way through.

9 Likes

Day 15: Dagger - Cardboard Knights

I added ink smudges all over the place to tie in with the theme of being a child :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Your works are amazing <3
I especially love Castle - it just immediately grabs my attention. It looks so… quiet and serene.

2 Likes

This has John Harris energy with the sensation of something massive in the background yet at the same time so calm and still! Love this so much :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words!

I’ve had a pretty busy week and only managed to get a few sketches done, so I’ll try to get back into the groove by finishing some of them in no particular order.

Day 21: Chains

This one was inspired by birds I saw sitting on a power line on my way to work.

8 Likes

Day 25: Dangerous

I choose sleep over finishing a second prompt today.

6 Likes

Day 26: Remove

Had to rush a bit, but this one really could have benefited from a more precise execution.

6 Likes

Day 27: Beast

A Pallas’s cat. This actually based on my sketch for the prompt “plump” but I think it turned out beastly enough to qualify for today’s prompt.

5 Likes

Day 28: Sparkle

One day I’ll manage not to leave smudges everywhere…

6 Likes

Day 29: Massive

Bridges are cool.

Day 30: Rush

Trying to be a little meta, I was trying to do this one quickly. So I stuck to a simple line drawing and avoided things like hands and faces that tend to be a time sink for me.
It’s pretty freeing not to worry too much about messing up and I like how the strokes have a bit more energy than in my other drawings.

5 Likes

Day 31: Fire

Needed to finish the last prompt to get closure.

Despite not being able to keep up with one drawing per day, Inktober was a great experience.
I tried a bunch of things I wouldn’t have otherwise, learned some things as a result and really like some of the drawings that came out of it.

I also loved seeing what everybody else worked on.

Since I only had photos of some of the drawings here’s all of them as scans:

inktober-2023_04_dodge

4 Likes

Congratulations on finishing the challenge!
Following your progress was really fun and inspiring :slight_smile:

1 Like