Inktober 2023

As suggested in the Inktober 2022 thread, I went ahead and made a thread for this years Inktober.

I wanted to get back into drawing regularly and this seemed like a great way to do that.
I’m excited to see what everybody comes up with!

This Years Promts:

You can check out the rules on the official site: https://inktober.com/rules

10 Likes

Day 1: Dream

My cat seems to dream a lot. So I picked him as a subject for this days drawing.
I used a fountain pen over a pencil sketch, which I erased afterwards.

Original Sketch

8 Likes

Day 2: Spiders - Vicious Standoff

Medium: fountain pen, pencil for the original sketch

9 Likes

Day 03: Path - Round Bird

I kinda struggled finding a motive for this prompt. In the end I remembered this comically round bird that I once saw sitting at the path in the garden, so I went with that.

10 Likes

Day 4: Dodge - Almost

Tried to do an animation and I totally underestimated how much more work that is. Overall I’m pretty happy with the result despite it being kinda rough.

inktober-2023_04_dodge

I blocked out the movement with grease pencil in Blender and then traced that onto paper to flesh out the sketch and do the linework with my fountain pen. After that I scanned the frames and created an image sequence with Krita.

19 Likes

This is amazing !! It looks like you’ve done that your whole life :smiley:
I’m definitely thrilled by your progress ! keep up the good work !

2 Likes

I love how dynamic and fresh it is, bravo!

1 Like

That’s incredible!

1 Like

Gotta say, this is so so so incredible! The timing is perfect, the motion reads so well despite the low frame count, and the shapes are so recognizable and easy-to-follow. So happy to have come across this!

3 Likes

Thanks, for for the kind words, everyone! I apprechiate it a lot.
I guess I’ve peaked early for this year’s inktober. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hey @lone_noel, it looks like everyone else is starting their own thread, so I’ll make my own and post new images there. Last year, everyone was posting in a single thread, and I expected it to be similar, but this year there are a lot more participants so I guess it makes sense to have one topic per person :grinning:

2 Likes

Sounds good!
Yeah, it’s neat how that allows one to update the thumbnail daily :slight_smile:

1 Like

aye, having the inktober2023 quick tag at the top of all the pages makes it easy for someone to find all the inktober posts if they want. just have to remember to put that tag on your topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hate spiders. this is terrifying (so great job, you did it right) :smile:

1 Like

Day 5: Map

I’ve always liked the different ways you could map te globe on flat maps. One of my favorites is the Dymaxion map so I took this opportunity to draw such a worldmap.
I hatched the coutries where I know some of the blender contributors are working from - but it’s not very complete. Just thought it was a fun gimmick.

Fountain pen. I constructed the grid by hand and started sketching out the land masses with that as a guide but resorted to just loosely tracing them in the end since I was running out of time. Looked better, as well.

10 Likes

Day 6: Golden

Who doesn’t love goldies? I’ve always found bigger dogs a bit scary, but having known a friends golden retriever since he was just a puppy has helped with that. He got a lot bigger but not scarier.

9 Likes

Day 7: Drip

Wanted to go for something cozy. I kept making mistakes and tried covering it up by adding these solid black fills…

8 Likes

Day 8: Toad

This one was fun.
Today was my last day off. I hope to be able to keep this up.

8 Likes

Day 9: Bounce

Overall pretty “meh”. Long, clean lines are hard and I just had to smudge that one edge of the logo with the straight edge…

7 Likes

Day 10: Fortune

She’s not impressed with what your Fortune holds.

I really struggled capturing the expression from my initial sketch with my drawing, which was really frustrating. But the end result turned out better than I anticipated.

sketch for reference

8 Likes