[Input] Custom Blender Setup | Silo/Maya- esque

I wish there was something we could do about that. We probably have the same paid addons, and I bet you’ve got them integrated nicely.

That would be a nice idea, i would like to see what plugins you have.

Another question, when i restore the Blender hotkeys in the input tab, the void hotkeys are also gone.
Are the Blender hotkeys and your hotkeys connected in any way?
I thougt that “blender, maya, 3dsmax and void hotkeys” are different and separated hotkeytables…

Thank you

Updated the setup. Download in the first post.

What’s new:

• ZOrb Brush Pack is included. Changed the order of those brushes to be at the end, except a few that I have picked that I liked. Still testing weather I want this whole pack, I’ll probably strip it down to just the 3-4 brushes I use. I feel like it clutters the brushes too much. Would be interested to hear if any of you find this pack useful.

• Added the Line Tool by mano-wii that is part of CAD Snap Utilities, but he made it also a separate free tool, bound to ALT+K

• CTRL+ALT+LMB Selects a loop dropping any previous selections. It’s a counterpart to the SHIF+ALT+LMB (that is additive and can also deselect loops). This is something that I had due to the Smart Select Addon. Now that I ripped the addon from the setup, I had a free spot, liked that combo and bound it to the regular blender behavior. Anyway, try it out, hope it doesn’t mess you up.

• Orphan Cleanup, for cleaning up scenes. Under Misc TAB

adamnerva, Daniel . I’ve got quite a few paid addons. Anything by Wazou - I highly recommend Speed-Flow
SmartSelect and SmartFill, BlenderCookie Retopo Addons, ClothFX (very nice addon, but useless in a mixed pipeline as it breaks down on exports, such a shame). SpeedSculpt for instance, I haven’t had time to even try, HardOps as well. The problem is I have to rip them all out before I share this.

One interesting addon that brings one nice feature to retopo (and modeling in general) is Custom Retopology that is part of Kjartan’s Scripts. Ripping this out from the (EditMode) Shift+RMB Retopo Pie (which is originaly made by wazou, edited on my end), now messes up that whole pie menu changing the orders … it’s just too much for me to deal with every time I update this and rip that script out. Another problem there is, if you buy that script, it won’r work with Maya Navigation. I did drop a line to Kjartan asking him to include my changes to the script and would link to his script from here for people to buy and include it on their end, but it just didn’t go through, he was busy at the time. So a workaround if you want to try this script with my setup is to buy his script and then after you contact me I can give you my edited version that works with Maya Navigation and has onscreen Hotkey Help.

Daniel . Each one of those is a unique self-contained pack. So changing between them (theoretically) will replace whatever you had before. The problem is, to my experience working with the InputEditor, it’s quite broken. Changing preferences does not work 100% all the time and trying to reset like that is not advisable. Saving preferences does not work 100%, and in general working with the InputEditor is quite an ‘experience’. That’s what makes customizing Blender a nuisance.

Thank you so much, works fine so far.

Is there a place to report bugs?
I found a small one with the sculpting pie menu “ALT + W” when selecting “polish”.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Danie\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\Wazou_Pie_Menus.py”, line 1348, in execute
bpy.context.tool_settings.sculpt.brush=bpy.data.brushes[‘Polish’]
KeyError: ‘bpy_prop_collection[key]: key “Polish” not found’

One more thing. is there a Hotkey for Bevelweight?
I did this by myself but im unshure what hotkey could be free because almost every letter is used :smiley:

The polish brush was changed I think, remove the line, that should work.

Wazou beat me to it :slight_smile:
Yeah that brush was removed at some point, because it was same as Flatten. But I have a tweaked copy of the old polish brush. Fixed that slice of the Pie to open up that tweaked PolishBrush.

This would be the place to report any issues/bugs with this setup.

That bug was part of the WazouPieMenus Addon, I was probably tinkering with that Pie at some point, maybe I broke it. Fixed it. Re-download the setup.

I also made my own Sculpt Brushes Pie, it’s bound to my context sensitive SHIFT+MMB (in SculptMode it’s sculpt brushes pie). Try that one as well.

For Bevels, I don’t think there’s a hotkey. You’d have to write a script and then bind that to a key. I wrote a PieMenu for Creases once (ALT+C, in EditMode), but I don’t think I’ll write it for Bevels, I use SpeedFlow for that. I advise on getting Speed Flow, it’s$15. You get some nice things with that. Very useful addon, super well thought out and implemented. Wazou powered :slight_smile:

From what I understand you want to do, it does what you’re asking for. I think he’s got it documented well, you should be able to figure it out if you get it.

Do i need a spezial version of your custom setup for Speed Flow? Looks awesome!!!

Is just purchased it, but i think shift + Q and ctrl shift + Q is used for KTools

Some small Bugs:

-Switching from sculpting to object mode with letter “4” gives Error.

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\startup\bl_operators\wm.py", line 122, in execute_context_assign
    if context_path_validate(context, data_path) is Ellipsis:
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\startup\bl_operators\wm.py", line 61, in context_path_validate
    value = eval("context.%s" % data_path) if data_path else Ellipsis
  File "&lt;string&gt;", line 1, in &lt;module&gt;
AttributeError: 'Sculpt' object has no attribute 'active_brush_index'

Something bugged up on that latest update, probably while I was ripping out the payed addons and fixing a few hotkeys after that.
Anyway, Ktools Menu is moved to ALT+SHIFT+Q, this allows for SPeedFlow defaults.
Also SculptMode 1-4 will now be the same as in OBJect/Edit

You should be able to just install SPeedFlow (and use it’s defaults) after you start from scratch with this new setup.

In general what I have here is just custom preferences. The way you install my setup is basically copying all my addons, preferences and system settings and replacing the defaults. In essence it’s a regular blender, just aliviated with different hotkeys, system settings, and scripts that are a huge part of the UX.
What this means is you can treat it as a regular Blender that you yourself tweaked a bit by changing some hotkeys and installing some addons. This is my daily driver, that I share, but by all means go to town editing this to suite your likes. You can add/remove addons as you wish, change hotkeys, system settings, layout atc. Hopefully this setup gives you an idea what can be done with blender.

Edit:
Updated on 2016 Dec 04 (advise for ppl to redownload)

Thank you so much for reuploading!

Hey OrAngE,

the next time you update your customlayout, would you like to do a seperate version?

Ich would like to use:

-Speedflow
-SmartSelect
-SmartFill
-HardOps

I dont need the other plugins jet, but this four above are awesome :slight_smile:

I love to work with your setup, its so smooth that i already hate to work in c4d :smiley:
I use Carver MT for boole my basesculpts, do you have somthing better in your pipeline?
The SculptTools UI Grease cut sadly doesnt work in Ortho mode…

Thank you!

No can do :slight_smile:
Wouldn’t be fair, those are all paid addons. They are all super affordable though and I’d advice everyone to get them. Unfortunately, you have to manually add them each time after updating my setup.

Glad to hear the setup is resonating with you! I apologize for tampering with your C4D experience :slight_smile:
Always nice to hear that there’s people who actually stuck with this setup long enough to get a good evaluation, and actually use it as a base for their blender setup.

Carver is great for stuff like that. When it comes to sculpting, hope you’re testing/using Dyntopo! I love sculpting with dyntopo.

I wish this config was the foundation of 2.8 to build on. It is so friendly and inviting to users of Maya, Modo, C4D, etc.

Sorry for this misconception. Of course i would by these plugins, i already have speedflow.
I want to buy these other tree plugins too. And yes, they are very affordable :smiley:
The question is, is it easy to add them manually or are this plugins configured by you, to fit better in the shortcut table and interface?

Suites me :slight_smile:
The rSelection Addon by PLyczkowski is s really good one as well. If I hadn’t started my own config , which was at the time quite functional already, I would have probably ended up using his addon as the base to create my own.
If he’s to realise his vision with 2.8, I’m sure it’ll be rockin’!

Hey Dan, sorry for the late reply, you should be able to add them as is.
Generally with addons the hardest thing to manually bypass is the Maya ALT navigation.

There’s been an update.
Fixed Wazou RMB Pie, EditMode (it was broken in latest buildbot versions).
Removed ZOrb Brush Pack, it turns out I didn’t use those brushes at all, yet it’s quite a large data pack to have them.

Edit:
Updated 2017 01 21
Fixed Planar Constraint using Shift on Manipulator

Indeed, the SmartSelect is tricky to setup. Hardops is now on <, Shift + < instead of Q, Shift + Q

What Shortcut do you use? And how do you setup SmartSelect.

Thanks for the new Version :slight_smile:

Hey me again,

wanted to share some small tweaks in grapheditor, i find usefull.
It was difficult to select multiple handles of the keyframes,
so i changed the selection behavior to feel the same as the viewport selection.

Cheers Daniel

Attachments

solved … pls delete this post. thanks.
message is out to a moderator.

Its strange, when trying to save incremental this error appears. Is there a Problem with the Network path?
After saving manually, incremental works one time, then the error occurs again.

File “\storage-02\SYS_UserProfiles\Daniel.Paul\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\addons\Wazou_Pie_Menus.py”, line 1892, in execute
bpy.ops.wm.save_as_mainfile(filepath=output)
File “C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.78\scripts\modules\bpy\ops.py”, line 189, in call
ret = op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw)
RuntimeError: Error: Cannot open file Y:\Siemens\CC Communications\CC_1702_2640 SGT-8000H Aegypten Animationsfilm\03_Produktion\03_Animation\03_C4D\BeniSuef_02.blend@ for writing: No such file or directory

Thanks

I had noticed that.
It’s part of the WazouPie Menus.
The thing is at some point I had customized that addon to the degree where I could not update it efficiently any more. Maybe he had fixed it in some of the later updates that I haven’t updated. I know of this, but never got the chance to tend to it. Me being illiterate with python and code in general has to do something with it :wink:

Edit:
Updated 2017 01 04

Mira Tools > Mira Linear Deformer (EditMode > SHIFT+MMB Pie (TopRight Slice))
The tool now allows a pass-through in modal for the WazouPies OrthoViews (CTRL+SPACE). Allows for changing ortho views within MiraLinearDeformer modal.

Anyone using this should update.

I’ve been updating my personal version (with paid addons this whole time), but many of the tweaks were not critical. And since ripping all the paid addons isn’t as easy, I did not update this version.
Recently AdamN reported a critical bug with the setup (broken undo). This version fixes that, and also has many addons updated. Download link in the first post.

Updated 2017 08 04

Edit:
More bugs and conflicts ironed out since the major update. Worth updating again.

Last Update: 2017 08 08