İnsert/Fill/ Select and Deselect (Mesh/Edges/Vertex)

Hello to everyone
I’ve just moved from Modo to Blender :slight_smile:
Modo can also easily do (select floodToggle) I could not find here.
The logic of the script: This script is to floodfill the underneath the mouse. If your mouse is over
unselected geometry, it will select it. If he is deselected, it will deselect it. the
scripts, edges, polys and symmetry.

Is this command in the blender? Or a like written or someone who can do it: D. Because it makes my workflow very easy.

1 Like

I made a little giff.And more beautiful than I remember :heart_eyes:

Modo-Flood

In Blender, there is no such thing. But you can do it in a different way.
You just hide selection with H. Now, you can select part in the middle with L.
Finally, unhide with Shift H. Border and Fill are selected.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer.
It’s sad not to,something that can actually be done with some coding.Modo had written an encoder years ago.

not the same as modo’s but u can use ‘C’ select circle and +shift for deselect, also there is ctrl+ click and shift for pick shortest path with few parameters, but i don’t find it intuitive like select circle or box select…maybe someone has better solution or even a script to do it, since i am too new to blender and would love to know different solution.

Frankly, I’m new (It’s been 2 days :)) Besides its beautiful features,It would be perfect if they were like that.

Is there a way for us to tell the developers?Because, as I said, it’s not really hard to codify and if the blender comes , it gives great speed modeling.

also you can ask @heavypoly he came too from modo and probably run into this situation before and maybe has that solved with his scripts…he streams often so u can catch him on his youtube channel.

I know @heavypoly i follow for years :slight_smile:

I’m using the shortcuts I’ve already published, but I haven’t found them.

The closest thing I can think of is Select Between. I miss circle select + floodfill though :stuck_out_tongue:Select%20Between

3 Likes

:smiley: Actually based on the script in modo, can the blender be applied?

In 2.79 there is an addon that allows paint select and fill the selection just with pressing inside of the area. Dont know if it works for edge and vertex mode, too.

https://blenderartists.org/t/smart-select-v-1-3-2-paint-select-tool-bug-fixes

I hope it will get ported to 2.8

1 Like

Smart Select seems to do the job.
Works in vert & edge mode, too.
SmartSelect

Note: This is in 2.79

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedbacks. I just surprised to need paid this script :confused:

If also needs this script Modo, I can share it for free. :wink: