Insert HDRI lighting in a scene as an object?

Is there any way, that I can insert an HDRI lighting into a scene, so that it shows up in the outliner and I can turn it on and off in my scene?

I need the lighting/reflections of the HDRI, just for a specific setup. I dont want to use HDRI in the world setup and turn it on/off from there…

Not that I know of. You can throw in a mix node at the end and animate the mix factor to make it a little easier. Disconnecting from the world output node doesn’t sound that horrible though, I do it all the time.

Besides actually creating a sky-dome and adding your HDRI to it…I have only found adding a camera ray to my world setting…

And turning off and on from shader editor.

Not sure what you’re trying to do here connecting yellow color output from RGB curves directly into a shader mix input.

The whole node tree allows the HDRI to work but not display…ie: turns it off for screen or renders.
Try it and see…
BTW it’s not Yellow…it is Black… Look at the 3d view…

I meant the RGB Curves socket color is yellow. Hooked up to a shaders green input. Which technically is incompatible, although Blender itself may hook up an emission shader inside the mix shader when it realizes it’s being fed incomplete data.