Installing pip in Blender 2.93 Python Environment (WINDOWS 10)

Hi

I’m having troubles getting pip installed to the Blender 2.93 Python environment on WINDOWS 10.

When I try to install pip using

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\bin> python.exe -m ensurepip

It outputs:

Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in c:\users\jamell\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (58.2.0)
Requirement already satisfied: pip in c:\users\jamell\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (21.2.4)

From research I gathered that pip.exe should be installed in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\bin and site-packages should point to C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\lib\site-packages and . This isn’t happening.
``

So when I try to call:

C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.93\2.93\python\bin> pip.exe install debugpy

I get

Requirement already satisfied: debugpy in c:\users\jamell\appdata\local\programs\python\python39\lib\site-packages (1.5.0)

I’m unsure why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That’s not calling the Blender python executable, rather it’s calling the system’s python install which is on $PATH. You’d instead want to use .\python.

Additionally, pip is now included with Blender (as of 2.8 I think) so it’s not necessary to install it.
Calling Python properly, .\python -m ensurepip, should output some a pair of paths like this.

Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in c:\users\bmorrison\downloads\blender-2.93.2-windows-x64\2.93\python\lib\site-packages (49.2.1)
Requirement already satisfied: pip in c:\users\bmorrison\downloads\blender-2.93.2-windows-x64\2.93\python\lib\site-packages (20.2.3)

You don’t need a binary for pip, just use .\python -m pip install whatever

Oops. Thanks for that. For some reason I though it you putting the .exe on the end makes it search the current directory first.