Instrument Stand

So I made this when a friend of mine had a problem with the storage of all his instruments he had in his possession. So without further ado here is my work! Please let me know what you think of the results (materials, set up and such) and also of the design of the instrument stand, seeing as I made this as a solution for his current situation. Any suggestions on what I could add/subtract from the design :smiley:

Thanks for all the feedback, and I hope you enjoy!

Made in Blender 2.67
Rendered using cycles @ 1500 samples

Does he really have that many violins?

You can start by adding more variation to the cases and perhaps introduce cases with different instruments. Plus I’m not sure how high the center of gravity is since it’s a tall, narrow object (needs a better sense that it won’t fall over if you don’t turn it at the right speed).

The lighting is too bright. The glare is distracting. You aren’t supposed to need sunglasses indoors! :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha :cool:. I was going for a sunset picture, open windows, but indeed I can see that the glare is too much I’ll see what I can do about that! Thanks for the input.

He owns A LOT of ukuleles (different models and such) and that’s all he plays really. Thanks for the suggestion of adding different styles of cases I was thinking the same thing (although he mostly owns that case style :stuck_out_tongue: )! As for the center of gravity I figured the bottom piece (around where the wheels connect) is also a solid piece of wood, so I thought that plus the weight of the instruments would be more than enough from keeping it from being too top heavy, thus falling over, but maybe moving the shelving down below the first layer of instruments would be better? Thanks for the input appreciate it!