Intel OIDN v2 integration in Blender?

Hi guys!

A few weeks ago, Intels Open Image Denoise (OIDN) got a big update to version 2, including GPU support which should speed up the denoising time considerably. I was curious whether that update would be added in blender anytime soon? Anybody got any info on that?

I couldn’t find anything related on projects.blender.org or anywhere else.

1 Like

It’s being worked on, but in separate oidn2 branch for now.

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

Great news, does anyone know what version this is planned to be integrated into? Blender version 4.1?

This work is done by Intel. Right now, this is still WIP (according to the title). There is no further information about the task as far as I can tell, so the status as of now is unknown, making any prediction impossible (unless the people working on it provide details).

1 Like

Ok. Thanks.

Would you know if Blender supports temporal denoising? Either with Optix or OIDN currently in any builds?

I don’t know.

Ok. Thanks.

It does, but kinda hidden. I think this video by SouthernShotty should cover it…;

Not tested it myself, but I hope OIDN will get temporal eventualy.

1 Like

Ah, Thanks mate :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Also, in case you are not aware, Turbo Tools (an addon) does temporal denoising: 🚀 Turbo Tools V3 - includes Turbo Render for MUCH FASTER Cycles renders!

1 Like

I am aware of the addon. :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks for the suggestion but I was looking for more info on blender official one :wink:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the official optix temporal denoiser works quite well. No special build needed. I’ve used it sometimes with good results.

These instructions work: https://devtalk.blender.org/t/taking-a-look-at-optix-7-3-temporal-denoising-for-cycles/18656/104

I really don’t know why this is not exposed in the GUI, it’s a pity.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot mate.

Found this. I thought this was discontinued or something:

Anyone used this before? Grateful to the dev for making a free version.

I’ve been keeping up to date with earlier versions, but that was years ago. I’m curious to what your findings are in case you’ll try it, let us know! :slight_smile: