Intelligent Alchemy AO

level editor update 10/07/17:

• Implementation of a convenient shaders management system
  • underbrush_light_FX_shader
  • improvements on sky shader

that looks greatā€¦ofc they are simple, but I bet they compliment a sun lamp quite wellā€¦and secondary lights in a large world need to be efficientā€¦I really like what you have doneā€¦may I ask how you are doing it?

sorry, what is ofc??

ofc = of course :slight_smile: or naturally

ah okā€¦(English is not my first language) ā€¦anyway, it is a shader where the soft shadows of seven virtual spheres that follow the bones are calculated: 2 spheres for the feet, 2 for the hands and 3 for the hips, chest and head. More spheres are used more the shape is better approximated.Iā€™m using spheres because they are very fast to calculate

Haha! : D This project is amazing!
Iā€™m in love with all these effects! Your skills seem to have improved drastically during these last few months? xD How!? What gives?

As I sleep, I dream algorithms XD
Ahah, sometimes it really happen ā€¦ anyway Iā€™m putting together, within this project, so many things I have experienced in this last year. :slight_smile:

xD Thatā€™s, thatā€™s a level I havenā€™t reached yet xD Hmmmā€¦ did you learn these things through education or did you teach yourself?

The shader code for the soft-shadow in particular is mind-boggling to me xD

As I sleep, I dream algorithms XD
Ahah, sometimes it really happen ā€¦ anyway Iā€™m putting together, within this project, so many things I have experienced in this last year. :slight_smile:

I see youā€™re the butterfly, simulating reality lol

For several years Iā€™ve been studying programming languages, maths and geometry, which are absolutely indispensable tools U.U, occasionally it happen that comes in mind some ideas and try to do experiments, or sometimes when i see something interesting when iā€™m looking at some games or videos, I wonder how they might have been produced and try to reproduce them.
Iā€™m currently experimenting a lot on a water shader, and Iā€™ve finished an effect on the grass, which grows when itā€™s cut off, soon iā€™ll post some videos :))

Is it something we can try to reproduce in Cycles?

i donā€™t know, maybeā€¦, but probably you need to follow a different approach, GLSL coding gives a lot of freedom, if you are going to work with nodes, in cycles, i think it will be not too easy to replicate all the transitionsā€¦honestly I do not work a lot with cycles so I might even go wrong

update: 27/7/2017
water shaders: refractions, caustics, interactive water ripples

update

water color + some little fixes

Thatā€™s some impressive work youā€™ve been showing in this thread, lopas! :slight_smile: