Hello (especially Finnish users and anybody living in Finland),
I would like to invite everybody to participate in the free seminar days organized by Laurea University of Applied Sciences in Espoo, Finland on the 6th November, 2008. The seminar days are being organized as a part of the ORE (Open Rendering Environment) project, which is being supported by Tekes, Otaverkko, Star Wreck Studios and Finnish COSS.
Most of the talks look to be in Finnish. However, the latter part of the morning show will be in English.
8.20 - 9.00 Registration, coffee/tea
9.00 - 9.15 Opening speech, Regional principal Jaakko Tarkkanen, Laurea
9.15 - 10.30 Digital Creativity from Finland:
- Case Niko - Lentäjän Poika (engl. Niko & the Way to the Stars), Jani “Kurre” Kuronen, Anima Vitae Oy
- Case Star Wreck, Producer Samuli Torssonen, Energia Productions Ltd
- Case Elephant’s Dream, Lead Artist Bastian “Basse” Salmela, Kulma.org
10.30 - 11.20 New forums of communal creativity
- Case Renderfarm.fi, BURP creator Janus Kristensen, Renderfarming.net
- Case Wreckamovie.com, Webmaster Jarmo Puskala, Star Wreck Studios Ltd
In the afternoon, for representatives of companies and educational institutions it is also possible to get Blender basics tutorial for three hours. This costs 30 euros, but includes lunch and Roland Hesses nice book “Blender Essentials”. In other words it is free.
Feel free to register and read more about the ORE project and the seminar days at http://www.renderfarm.fi.
To participate in the service and website, you don’t have to be Finnish at all. The website will open up during November and be based around Janus Kristensen’s BURP.
Julius Tuomisto aka Prodigal Son
Project Manager (ORE)
Laurea University of Applied Sciences