Interior loft design

8 Likes

The stairs don’t have any railing though. I would consider that quite a mistake in design. It’s not likely stairs would be made like that because of regulations, and this particular case would actually be dangerous. It often might look better visually and then it would also be a disappointment for the client as railing will be needed and there is no design decision made. So that’s quite a bad mistake in multiple respects. The stairs also look quite steep and shallow and narrow, so there is a question of comfort using them if not regulations as well. Sure, regulations are very often ignored by people especially with lofts, but safety is kind of important for most clients.

Agreed — that was the first thing that jumped out to me. The stairs are too narrow and lacking safety features that are absolutely required by code, which includes a handrail (on both sides, alas, because it is totally cool without), but also problematic because they are so dark.

Stairs require a lot of light and are best when there is a clear difference from step to step. Those bottom three steps are quite literally a slip and fall hazard, by shape alone, and that would be all anyone involved in approving this place would need to reject the plans.

Overall, however, I absolutely love the lighting and the simple design!

But why does everyone buy that horrid sepia artwork for their walls?

'I didn’t create the design for the staircase; I produced the renders based on a project that was given to me. As for the handrail, yes, I will add that, thanks

1 Like

Alas, I know how that goes.

I once had a (small) job to work on a prominent (world renowned) university’s website… and the wording that I was asked to put on this website was so unbelievably bad (from the dean of a top, world-class uni! lol). I asked my lead if I could silently correct the grammar, but was told ‘nope’.

I like the texture on the walls.

Yeah, I get that very well.

I think one side would technically be fine where I live according to regulations. But… I wouldn’t like to make it on the wall anyway.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!