Interiors Project- constructive criticism very welcome

Hi, here are a couple of renderings I did recently for a renovation project, (I just posted a different one). I’d love to get any constructive criticism you folks might have.

I find these can be tricky when I have to follow the architect’s requests for this or that to be visible in the image, along with their determining camera angles… some of it just isn’t in my control, so there’s that to contend with.

Thanks!

9 Likes

I think the marble should have a proper gloss.

1 Like

On the overall I think that’s cool ! I’m not an expert in archviz, at this point nothing looks particularly wrong. Now that I look at it I agree that the marble could use more shininess but I didn’t noticed it at a first glance.

How did the client / architect reacted to your work ? Did they where happy in the end ? And how do you feel, are you happy with the end result or you expected something different ?

Good call, i actually had to use an image of the actual slab the architect sent me for that marble and tried something different for some gloss vairation but I agree I think it shoulld have just been overall glossier.

Client was very happy and it’s being built as shown so all’s well that ends well

1 Like

It looks good.

The only things off I noticed is the marble (it should be shinier?) and the weird shadow (especially obvious at top left corner of the second picture, like there is a very hard light on the left, off-camera)… and maybe the unbroken light from the outside (there is supposed to be a tree outside that should have broken the light and cast shadows) thought there might be a reason why that is.

Overall it looks good.

Oh yeah that is a weird shadow I hadn’t noticed that!
I had originally had some tree shadows coming in but i was having firefly issues so i wound up saying screw it and leaving them out. Good eyes!

Renders are ok. but this … room - kitchen - whatever confuse me. Two ovens? And next to ovens… worktable? But refrigerator and water are on the other side… And couple other stuff. It’s like someone from another planet make plans without actually ever see human house.

1 Like

Cool ! Since you are already advanced in your CG journey I think the most constructive criticism might come from advanced arch-viz artists that could manage to find some little advice to give.

You might want to try to challenge yourself with more complex subject, interesting architecture, testing more creative use of camera and lighting in your personal projects.
The purpose of the render you did is to be a tool and therefore it’s designed to present well but contains the safest creative decision to stay simple and effective.

But in your personal projects you can go crazy and do image for the sake of making cool pictures, which in general tends to have more risky creative decisions and these make better opportunities to learn new things !

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like