Intrusive thoughts

Lo, another stupid animation. A body horror comedy about date night. Ever wonder about that voice in your head?

Intrusive Thoughts

3 Likes

That was odd. Oddly pleasant. The acne piece was gross.
Well done on completing it.
Polish will come with time.

Thanks! I hoping my actual animation skills get better in time. I’ve only been doing this for a year now and still struggle with basic things like making characters walk.

I do think polish is difficult though, especially for one person making a film and I’m not helping myself working on an old laptop. There’s always a balance between getting the film done and making it look ‘good enough’. My next project will be more based on movement, without dialogue, this one is a little static.

Your lack of technical perfection, imo, is what makes your animations so great- your particular style of rigging IS your own because of that.

Just went through every single one on your channel- all incredible. I love the painterly filter you use, and the simple yet fitting voice acting you employ.

Thank you for sharing your work, it made my evening!

Thanks Constellating,

It’s interesting going through your sketchbook and seeing you juggle between 2D and 3D, that’s definitely something I keep going back and forth on in my head too. I think I want to return to 2D more again. Your studies of people are great.

Love that you’re into Tsai Ming-liang. I don’t think I have the confidence to make something at his pace! Everything has to be quick, quick, quick. I love The River and Rebels of the Neon God, but I have no idea how he makes his films so watchable with so little action. I wonder how much harder that is with CGI over photography.

1 Like

This was great. Well done!