Inverse paint joe

I’ve been having trouble making a character’s jacket interact with the leg bones.

This is the character

When I rotate the leg upwards, I want the jacket to move in the same direction.

However, if I weight-paint the area I want to move, the inverse happens. It’s pushed backward.

This is what happens:

This is what I want to happen:

How do I fix this? Thanks in advance

hello, maybe share your file?

This happens when your normals are flipped. Go to edit mode, select all, Mesh menu, Normals, Flip

This didn’t seem to have an effect. Thanks, though.

the topoloy is not very good, and even with a better topology you’ll need to find a way to make the shirt bend correctly, you can’t count on the leg only, maybe you should put some bones all around the bottom to be able to bend it correctly (or use cloth physics). Also as Joseph says you need to flip the shirt normals.

Your current topology and a “better” one:

Bones all around the bottom of the shirt:

Ohh yes this are the users we all love…

:joy_cat:

• come here
  • ask questions
  • got answeres
  • re-edit everything
  • leaves

:roll_eyes: …and then there is the possibility to be called rude… if someone says: just look around …your question may already be answered here … (and there is search function here too)…

(Or maybe the answers where already to harsh ?? :thinking: )

This was called Netiquette… but it also seems that some people even don’t know how to find out about something like that… but hey…

< sarcasm >
…someone could ask a question as a new user on any social platform somewhere in the internet i guess…
</ sarcasm >

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :sweat: :disappointed_relieved: :worried: :frowning_face:

I’m not sure why OP deleted all their posts, but since it breaks the flow of conversation, I’ve reverted them back