Ion Artillary(10-19-04)Subsurcture almost done.

I like the sketch, and you’ve put a lot of detail into the model, but somehow, it just doesn’t work for me. It looks “skeletal”, and malnourished. Sorry I can’t think of a better way to describe it. Maybe the gun looks to big and powerful for its chasis.

dont worry the armoring will be done last :wink:

and as far as the scrawnyness of the chassis i thnk im gonna rewiden the front end, now that i have more stuff to fill in areas.

And here’s an update for the night:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/FonixWircs/IonTest-07.jpg

Looking very nice.

A couple of quick thoughts…
the hydraulic cylinders are to small (like KorX989 said) but also, they are upside-down :wink:

The Beam looks good, but maybe to thick, not sure if it could even fit through the barrel…

The modeling is really nice and really clean, but to make the scale right, you are definatley going to need a lot of small details like nuts, bolts, wires and pipes, in the end of course :smiley:

Each new render keeps on getting better, keep it up :wink:

LOL your right bout the cylinders, i didnt notice that, o well easily fixed.

It’s been a couple weeks but i finally got some time to blend so here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/FonixWircs/IonTest-08.jpg
(Mblur used)
Fixed hydraulic cylinders, added intakes and reworking vectorers.

What about a camoflauge versoin
Grey is a dull color imo :frowning:

funny. it looks like a lego model to me! I actually went back in thread to make sure it wasn’t based on legos :slight_smile:

this means, if you want it to look like a real thing, instead of a toy, you need more details, lot more.

.b

currently – partially because it seems to have no means of controlling it, and partially because it’s so smooth and clean – it seems like a very cool plastic toy. It doesn’t convey any threat or menace. It’s obvious that you havn’t gotten around to doing completed textures/bump maps which will help it out immensly, but in the mean-time a few suggestions:

1. If this is a weapon of war it’s probably been used in some pretty intense battles: dent it. It currently looks too much like it’s a plastic toy out of a cast.
  2. The hydrolics seem too thin and fragile for the rest of the assumedly heavy and rugged body; compare them to how thick the pivot pins are. The wheels (within the treads) have much the same problem. They’re also a bit small for your absolutely massive body.
  3. If you want it to be more menacing, curve the red fins/focusers around the barrel more, in some way.
  4. If the thing on top is the power-source, then shouldn’t it be heavily shielded from potential damage?
  5. Add in something for scale, be it a tree that this thing’s going to run over, or some person that it’s about to destroy.

It’s a very clean model. I hope that was somewhat useful.

Basse-LOL, I bet its the tires that give it the look :expressionless:

also to everyone else the textures ARE NOT the textures im gonna use on finished product(except chrome) i might keep the same general color scheme or change it, but im not really worying about textures too much right now.

All right i hope this will resovle everyones scaling questions, the cube in the picture is approximately 1m^3, made the front look vastly better at least IMO, also finally got the frame for the cockpit in, itll be a 2 seater one driver and a gunner/navigator i think ive got most of the sub structure done so soon ill be able to start on armoring and covering up all the vital areas

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/FonixWircs/IonTest-09.jpg
(and ouroboros that thing on top isnt a power source, which is safely tucked in the belly , its a scanner, which will be armored)

Yeah, that’s looking SWEET on the front, man. Nice update!!!

Hydraulics look to weak for stabilizing the barrel. -looks good-

~Shaun

defently legoish. add more small detailes. use textures, better lighting (see how big things tend to have clear shadows not a small fuzzy ao shadows).

Big update here, removed cylinders, gonna replace them later. added a good chunk of the armor and screwed a bit with the localized lighting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/FonixWircs/IonTest-14.jpg

(I hope it still is looking too legoish :slight_smile: )

C&C?

Wow! That’s really starting to come together! Nice rework! :slight_smile:

I liked the size reference. The dimensions seem reasonable. It hate to say this since the tracks looks so good, but shouldn’t there be some protective armor for the tracks. That is about the most vulnerable area of an armored vehicle, espcecially since you are protecting other areas so well.

If you are looking for details to place, maybe some antennas, satcom links, or other communication connections. Maybe put a couple of ladder steps or footholds on the front slopes by the cockpit. It would give another size reference.

Ya starting to look great. Hope your able to finish it :smiley:

Looking better and better! keep this one going. An animation of this bad boy firing could be pretty cool.

Before i criticise I want to note that this is absolutely awesome and far beyond what I can do right now…

I’m disappointed that you put that curved chunk of armour on top, actually. I liked being able to see the gun with all its fancy stuff. Remember that realism need go only as far as you want – looking awesome is also important. :smiley:

Alex