IronMan Helmet

I am VERY new to Blender, and have every intention of becoming proficient with it, but my son is begging me to build him a digital 3D Model of the GodKiller Iron Man helmet for a project he has and I would really appreciate anyone that can get me at least started in the right direction. I mocked up a quick drawing, Front/Side for reference. THANKS!!!

You don’t have to model it. Google search for iron man model download yields: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwU24JXwdws (one of many)

To start off you may want to split the image so that the front and side view are seperate but same size image so that you can use the add image as plane to quickly get them into the scene as back drops (however I think this method to create a head is a little bit difficult from what I hear) once you do this add a plane and use the mirror modifier so that in the front image you mirror your actions across, typically the x axis but it will depend on how you’ve set up your reference images in the scene. I’ve started a little bit using this as an exersize and I can tell you already that a top view and back view would be really helpful. since the helmet is a bit angular you might be able to use box modeling method for it.

you may find it much easier to sculpt from a polysphere with dynamic typology first, modeling round objects is pretty time consuming when using image planes as guides,