Is blender game engine is good?

Is blender game engine is good game engine?

in the task of making your game and getting it done and sending it to the world, no, not really.

bge is more of a sandbox game engine, its not optimized to really do anything, but that doesnt mean it cant with a little muscle and elbow grease.

i like it due to the fact its in excellent “sketch pad” and allows lots of tinkering. its almost a game in itself.

1 Like

demo game available in links of this video

upbge 0.3.0 is a beast - you need to know how to use it/ what it’s good at and exploit that.

4 Likes

what kind of question is this?

@sunimal Have you not seen this?

I WILL NOT CONDEMN YOU !!!

The choice is yours alone to make, and decide whether it is good or not!

Fred/K.S

Define good…

0.3.0 just got many huge improvements (faster shadows per object scales better and SSR improvements) and we have targeted areas for improvement like alpha hash stability and some other concerns ( URDF - “BT_multibody” could be neat to wrap armatures for robotics)

Ok I know that blender game engine(bge) and upbge are good game engine while comparing others because that there’s no coding. It is saving my time.but compared unreal engine bge’s graphics quality is very bad.how can I improve the quality of graphics in bge.

you can use alpha version upbge 0.3.0 to leverage the power of eevee, but other will be many times faster to to render optimizations.

long story short, you use bge for the graphics capability.

as for visual logic, unreal has blueprints and godot has some to irc (or at least wip)

if you use bge 2.79 and you need upgrade graphics or best graphics in old bge (version 2.79 or old) you need use shaders scripts and node material for get effects (HDDR, DOF, Bloom) - all graphics depends only you - how you configure it and bake texture. Today best graphics get for you upbge version 0.3.0 and graphics It won’t get any worse than Unreal Engine graphics just remember bge or upbge its not alternative UE and not killer UE it is not correct to compare these engines - BGE/UPBGE its instrument which works practical on any computer from a flash drive when UE requires a powerful computer- what to use? Unreal Engine? or BGE/UPBGE - decide for yourself