Is EEVEE as good as Unreal engine in Architectural Exteriors

I’ve used both Blender and Unreal engine 4-5 and Recently I made a video from UE5 in which one of my friends pointed out that creating same sequence in EEVEE could look much better, videos on youtube which compares eevee and UE most likely doesn’t know how to use full potential of eevee so UE always seems better but I wanted to know from people who use EEVEE in their daily life

I have a old 4 gb gpu so I can’t use something like Raytracing and keeping that in mind which one would be better overall a better option

Thank You.

Let me link you to this thread that explains Eevee vs UE very well:

1 Like

Thanks man, I’ll check it out

1 Like

A Nvidia engineer explain differences between rasterization (Eevee) and raytracing. You must take into account Eevee known limitations and stress out in both engines to a plausible comparison.

In this UE4 video by Quixel, quality is so good that would be difficult to achieve even with offline render engines considering time x quality as parameters. Not to mention several VFX studios using UE in virtual production for movies, TV shows and advertiving.

1 Like

By rendering features alone, Eevee is close, if not better. However, it is held back by Blender editor itself, which has poor performance in large scenes. So there will be a tradeoff: either you do your archwiz in Blender and bear with freezes/poor interactive response, or export things to Unreal, in which case performance will be non-issue, but export/import itself will be a time sink. I guess Unreal will be a better option if you do not need to create unique assets very often

1 Like

True, In that video it was unbelievable that it wasn’t trailer for a Sci Fi movie, Seems like I’ll stick for UE till I get a gou that can give that speed in rendering and can handle everything

Yep the freeze issues are a big pain, Plus the render time gap is also Huge so for now its UE