Is it posible to use rigify rigg in ue4?

ive been trying to import my character into ue4 for a couple of days now im using the simple rigify rigg i did the most basic animation for test i could and when i import it into ue4 i have like 10 animation files that have 0 animation data in them
WHAT IS THE WORKFLOW TO IMPORT RIGIFY STUFF TO UE4?

Yes.
Google is your friend.

wow thanks alot buddy do you know why im asking this here? cuz google provides 0 results

Hi, certainly it’s possible, even by just choosing the export deform bones only option at the export.

but check this:

it’s an old video, but here is the updated version of the script:

I also found this just now, but i can’t verify wether it’s working or not:

I just type and i get for example
https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/e6j6uw/blender_28_rigify_rig_to_ue4/

And many more links, just saying.

none of these addons seem to work they either do the same or export with no animation at all ;-; can i do this with b2.83 and ue4 2.25

The problem can be many things and I can’t check it right now. Are you importing the animation in ue4 settings? did you try to import a simpler animation? (a two bone armature deforming a cylinder or something). has the script baked the animation to the newly created rig? is it the one you are exporting? Maybe you need to play with the export settings in Blender too… try to reimport your animation into Blender to see if the animation was there in the first place…etc

1 Like

so it seems that clicking the deform bones only helps alot the rigg looks proper in the engine but for some reason it does not import any animations and i cant figure out why the export should be fine so i asume it must be the import
i used none of the plugins cuz they didnt seem to work perfectly but i will keep testing and come back

ALRITHY LADIES AND GELTENMEN I FIGURED IT OUT

so what i did is delete the def bones and parent the head to the org bones and then attached the controllers to those bones and now the rigg works perfectly in blender and in ue4 <3 good luck everyone

I just did a very quick test with the script I posted above, works great. Creates a new armature from the rigify rig with baked animation. It should export to unreal without issue.

As an added bonus: everything is renamed so it can use marketplace animations without problem, though I have a feeling it will have some problems using IK systems, because the hand is parented to the forearm twistbone. Some time ago, in the old version of this script I solved this, migth do it again.

1 Like