Is it possible to have a particle system object be an emitter?

1. I would like to create an effect of bullets/sparks hitting a model. In order to this, it can be accomplished by creating a sparking emitter that is then used as an object to the emitter that is the model itself to create multiple sparks starting on the model itself. Is this possible to do? It does not appear to be possible in Cycles. Nothing renders.

Solution: This is possible, however, I am still not aware of how to animate a particle according to its lifetime. Thus, the nested particles animate globally.

In fact, in general, Blender, and other 3d packages, ought to support a concept of animated symbols, like Flash. Perhaps this kind of general workflow can be accomplished if Blender currently support lifetime animated particles with the keyed particle system.

1. Also, what is the status/current workflow for 2.65 for creating animated objects for the emitter? Do you animate the object to the first 100 frames binding it to itself lifetime this way? If this is the case, it does not appear to be possible to loop the animation?

I do not believe that particle animations are bound to the 100 frames. I have not been able to find any documentation on how to animate a particle object to its lifetime.

1. Particle info available to animation symbol and dynamic modifiers bound to particle info, ie sizing bound to lifetime

Are all of these features supported by any of the following software: 3ds, Maya, Cinema4d, any third party plugin to any of the above software including Blender?

To summarize the features I am curious about are:

1. Nested particle systems
  2. Animated object
  3. Looped animated object
  4. Particle info available to animation symbol and dynamic modifiers bound to particle info, ie sizing bound to lifetime